We are hiring: Business Development Manager
KINGSBARNS VISITOR CENTRE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
To increase the number of visitors coming to the Kingsbarns Distillery and Darnley’s Gin Visitor Centre for tours and events.
- Business development with existing referrers, such as tour operators, destination management companies, golf tour operators, accommodation providers, taxi companies and other partners, to increase the number of visitors they send to the visitor centre.
- Manage relationships with local tourism and membership organisations including attending meetings and networking events. Promote site visibility in local area.
- Business development research and implementation to bring in new referrers who do not already bring visitors to Kingsbarns.
- Attend key trade shows, consumer events, networking platforms to promote the distillery visitor centre. Data capture from these events and post-event follow-up on leads via CRM system.
- Be on-site for any show-rounds, familiarisation trips and site inspections.
- Work with Marketing Team to manage trade newsletter email communication (via Mailchimp database).
- Identify and manage any suitable promotions to bring more off-season visitors e.g ItIsOn promotion
- Input into DVC Marketing plan with Marketing Teams to agree press and social media advertising
- Work with industry bodies such as VisitScotland, Fife Council, and Dundee Convention Bureau to promote the distillery, especially on Familiarisation Trips and site inspections.
- Promote Whisky & Food Pairing dinners at the distillery with golf tour operators, destination management companies and corporates.
- Promote off-site tasting to accommodation suppliers and other local attractions, golf clubs and societies.
- Liaise with WDCO Finance team for necessary financial reporting.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Business development
- Excellent knowledge of travel trade contacts
- Self-starter and pro-active approach
- Customer experience orientated
- Confident in presentational skills
- At least three years work experience in a hospitality, tourism and/or sales role
- Knowledge and understanding of Scotch Whisky and Gin
- Driving Licence essential for external meetings and events.
This is a full time position reporting to the Distillery Experience Manager.
Applicants should send a covering letter saying why they are suitable for the role and their CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 26th August.