Terms of service
Any imagery, or content on this site remain the property of the Kingsbarns Company of Distillers Limited (Kingsbarns Distillery) and any reproduction should happen only with the consent of Kingsbarns Distillery.
We can only sell alcohol products to those aged 18 and over. By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
We accept payment online by Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard, Delta, American Express & Maestro. Please telephone +44 1333 451300 for further details.
All payment transactions on our site are performed using a secure server with 128 bit SSL encryption. Transactions are made on our behalf by Worldpay and Barclays.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
‣ Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
‣ Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
‣ Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent and you are over the age of 18, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third-party databases. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you consent to such checks being made.
In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
All prices quoted include VAT at the current rate of 20%. All goods remain the property of the Kingsbarns Distillery until paid for in full. Prices and manufacturers' specifications are subject to change at any time, without notice. Pricing on our website and in our onsite shop may differ. Orders taken over the phone will be charged at onsite prices. Please note, we only ship within the UK and Europe. The cost of postage starts at £6 per delivery in the UK and £16 for Europe and is based on the weight/size of the parcel. Please see the checkout page for more details.
The Kingsbarns Distillery delivers to the UK and Europe only
Most orders are dispatched within 48 hours of order being placed. We only dispatch and deliver Monday-Friday.
Orders are shipped by a national courier network. It is important to inspect the items for damage before you sign for delivery. Please allow up to 7 working days for delivery. The courier will attempt 2 deliveries - after this, the package(s) will be returned to your local post office or courier depot and will be held for you to collect for two weeks. Packages uncollected after this period will be returned to our warehouse where you will be credited for the cost of the goods but NOT the shipping charges.
The Kingsbarns Distillery does not accept liability for failed or delayed deliveries resulting from inaccurate information supplied within orders.
In the event of non-availability of goods, we will contact you to arrange alternatives or a refund where applicable.
In the event of any defect in any item purchased the following will apply:
If an item is faulty on delivery we will send an immediate replacement (if in stock) and collect the broken item. Otherwise simply send the item back to us, packed to the same standard as you received it, and we will replace it as appropriate and return at no cost.
If we have collected any item which proves not to be faulty, then the customer shall be liable to pay for the uplift and delivery charge.
If we have arranged an uplift for any reason from a customer, and the customer is not at home at the agreed time, or the goods are not able to be collected due to a lack of packing then we will either charge a 'journey' fee (charged to us by our courier), or ask that the item be returned by the customer directly.
ALL returns must be authorised by email or phone by the Kingsbarns Distillery before being returned. This is to ensure correct tracking of your goods and any refunds or replacements that may be due.
Please ensure that the returned items are boxed and securely packaged for the journey back to us. Failure to do so may result in damage to the item which we will not be held responsible for.
DISTILLERY TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any person booking and/or visiting the Kingsbarns Distillery is subject to the following terms and conditions:
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Ticket holders should arrive at the Kingsbarns Distillery reception desk at least 10 minutes prior to the time printed on the ticket. Should you miss your allocated time, entry cannot be guaranteed.
- Your booking confirmation must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit (either a printed or electronic copy)
- All persons taking a tour of the Kingsbarns Distillery must purchase a ticket. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required.
- In accordance with Scottish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets and animals are prohibited on all tours with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs. Supervised pets are permitted in all other areas of the Visitor Centre, including the café and the cafe terrace area.
- Children aged between 8 and 17 years inclusive are welcome on tours (see prices on tour information section). Tour visitors aged 8-17 must be accompanied by an adult, aged 18 years or over at all times.
- As a licensed premises the Kingsbarns Distillery retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry. Kingsbarns Distillery promotes responsible drinking.
- Any tickets purchased in advance are not valid in conjunction with any other voucher, promotion, special offer or package.
- No ticket may be resold. If Kingsbarns Distillery reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the Kingsbarns Distillery tour without payment of compensation.
- Prices may be subject to change, however all pre booked tickets will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
- For online bookings, we accept no responsibility for the incorrect inputting of an email address on our booking form. If your automatically generated booking confirmation does not arrive via email, please contact us via email at email@example.com, we will check the email address and resend your booking confirmation(s). Upon receipt of the booking confirmation email, it is your responsibility to check the accuracy of dates booked.
- For Groups: If your group exceeds the maximum size bookable online for your requested tour, please contact the distillery directly to make your booking as we can tailor visits for larger groups.
- Unless account facilities have been agreed, all tour bookings must be paid in full at least 14 days prior to arrival. If a booking is made less than 14 days prior, full payment must be made at time of booking.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
- Kingsbarns Distillery will endeavour to ensure that the tour experience is open for use by visitors. However, Kingsbarns Distillery reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure Kingsbarns Distillery will issue visitors with a full refund for their ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
- If you wish to amend the date or time of any booking following purchase, you should contact us up to 48 hours before the start of the tour. We will endeavour to accommodate the alternative date and time requested by you but cannot guarantee availability.
- If you need to postpone or cancel a booking, please do so by calling us on
+44 (0) 1333 451 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during opening hours, at least 48 hours before your tour is scheduled.
- If you do not arrive for a scheduled tour, no refund will be given for the tour.
- Kingsbarns Distillery is fully accessible to wheelchair users (with the exception of the Doocot in the exhibition area which can be viewed from the Doocot entrance)
- Step-free access at the entrance and on the ground and first floors
- Platform lifts in the distillery production area and to the first floor tasting rooms
- Accessible toilets on both the ground and first floor levels
- Assistance dogs are welcome to accompany owners who are taking part in our distillery tour
- Accessible parking bays available in the car park
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Tour Experience, all visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
- Photography is permitted in the exhibition and tour areas. Flash photography is strictly prohibited within the distillery area.
- From time to time Kingsbarns Distillery or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring in or in the vicinity of the visitor centre and distillery which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that the Kingsbarns Distillery or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Kingsbarns Distillery or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Kingsbarns Distillery’s negligence, Kingsbarns Distillery, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any visit undertaken and/or during evacuation from the Kingsbarns Distillery
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Scottish law, any claim brought against these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish law.